Masonic Lodge building was constructed at the northeast corner of Elm
and Kenner Streets in 1884. The building is believed to have been designed
by architect A.C. Nash who also designed the Campbell County Courthouse
in Newport, Ky. The structure was built as a home for the Samuel Reed
Masonic Lodge. The cornerstone was set in place on May 14, 1884. It
was the first three-story structure built in the City of Ludlow.
The first floor was set up as a business location. The upper floors
contained a large hall and a number of meeting and recreation rooms
for the lodge.
For many years, the building housed Farrell's Pharmacy. Today the ground
floor is used as an art shop and framing gallery by Tom Gaither.
Kentucky Historic Resource Inventory, Ludlow, Kentucky, 1984, KCPL,
Daily Commonwealth, May 15, 1884, p. 4.