The Central Christian Church was established in 1909 by Disciples of
Christ living in the central part of the city. At this time, two other
Disciple of Christ congregations were active in Covington, both in the
northern section of the city. The members of the Central Christian Church
worshipped in a private home at the corner of Greenup and 18th Streets.
The members quickly bought a piece of property and had preliminary plans
to construct a permanent church building. By 1912, the congregation
maintained a membership of 100.
In 1912, the members of Central Christian Church and Fourth Street Christian
Church decided to merge. A lot was acquired on Madison Avenue between
15th and 16th Streets and construction began. The new merged congregation
was named Madison Avenue Christian Church.
Madison Avenue Christian Church, Covington, Kentucky, Golden Anniversary
1963, Kentucky Post, February 8, 1912, p. 3, March 19, 1912, p. 7 and
March 27, 1912, p. 7.